Sunday, May 5, 2024
Run the classes in your mind
Some classes seem like a cake walk while some feel so dissatisfactory. While reflecting on, it feels that the classes which seemed to be so satisfactory are the ones which have been extensively planned. While working on the planning, it is important to plan the student reactions too. Though curriculum and lesson plans seem to be sufficient in planning process, I felt what is more important is to run through the class in your mind a day before the class. What do I mean by running the class in your head? Planning through the discussion and taking stock of what the student reactions could be? What would be the questions which would arise in their mind listening to this? What is the real-life scenario that I can relate this lesson with? Planning all this discussion makes the class more efficient and fruitful, giving the teacher the required satisfaction of running an efficient class. After planning using the lesson plan, I prefer to run through the classes either during my bedtime or it would more efficiently happen as I am cooking, taking my evening walk or sometimes during my me time on my favorite swing....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Things I Wish I Had Done Differently My First Year Teaching.
My first year was dreadful as I had changed my profession from software engineering to teaching... Sacrificing the comfort of my AC seat, co...
-
My first year was dreadful as I had changed my profession from software engineering to teaching... Sacrificing the comfort of my AC seat, co...
-
Some classes seem like a cake walk while some feel so dissatisfactory. While reflecting on, it feels that the classes which seemed to be so ...
No comments:
Post a Comment